Translate

Monday, November 22, 2021

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Hello my Crafty Friends!!! Nora here today from A Creative Touch with a simple Christmas card created with CAS-Fridays Modern Petals Stencil, Snowy Sayings Stamp, Pop Fizz Clink Stamp Set and Champagne Flute dies.


I started off this card by inking up an A2 sized, white card front with two different colors of red ink. I then used the Modern Petals Stencil with red ink across the front.


Next I used a variety of spray stains and mica mists over the stenciled background.


While my card front was drying, I used the Pop Fizz Clink Stamp Set to stamp two champagne glasses with black ink. I then die cut them out using the Champagne Flute dies. 


To give the card some sparkle,  I used glitter glue inside the champagne bubbles.


While the bubbles were drying, I adhered my dried card front to an A2, white card base. I stamped and  heat embossed a sentiment from the Snowy Sayings stamp set in the top, right hand corner. I then added my champagne flutes as shown. 

I was going to stop here but my card was missing something. I pulled out the CAS-Fridays 4 Petal Die Set. I decided that I was going to try to make a poinsettia using these flower dies.

 I die cut two large flowers and two small flowers out of red glitter paper. I then die cut a large flower out of green paper.


To create my poinsettia, I adhered the two large flower die cuts together first. Then I adhered one of the small glitter flowers on top. For the last small flower, I used foam adhesive with some liquid glue to adhere it over the top flower. The glue helps to keep the foam adhered as I had trouble getting it to stick to the glitter paper without it. I then cut apart the green flower and adhered my "leaves" under the poinsettia. To complete the flower, I adhered gold gems to the center.


When my flower was completed, I adhered it to the top left of my card.


I hope you like my card as it was a lot of fun to create. CAS-ual Fridays is having a HUGE sale!!!! Please hop on over to the CAS-Fridays Shop.


Use my code NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your total order-including sale items!!!


I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by today. Please be sure to check back to the blog this week to see some other FABULOUS projects by the CAS-Fridays Design Team.

Have a FABULOUS day!!






No comments: