Translate

Sunday, October 24, 2021

You Make My Heart Smile!


Welcome back!  I've got some watercoloring for you today!  I've used some liquid watercolor this time.

I started by die cutting a panel using the stitched die from the Slimline Pinked set.  I heat embossed the beautiful Flowery Background onto it in gold.  The background covers a regular card base panel so was short for the slimline, but I decided instead of stamping it again, I'd leave it blank and do something different with it.  Then I dropped a couple drops of the yellow and orange watercolors into wells of a paint pallete and water in a couple of the wells.  I started with a yellow wash and then started adding the two colors to the flowers sometimes heavier on the yellow and others the orange.


I love the variations I got and it reminds me of the Fall Mums I'd always plant in the fall in NY.

When that was dry, I blended some yellow and orange Distress Oxides onto the blank end of the panel and then added some texture paste through the Falling Leaves stencil and added gold embossing powder over it and heated that up.

I used some gold Glitter Tape across the area where the two designs came together and then added the sentiment with the word die and sentiment from the Sassy Smiles Duo at the bottom.


Finally, I cut the pinked panel in white and layered the watercolored panel over a yellow; then layered that over the white pinked panel and finally an orange base and a few sequins to finish it off!

That's me for today!  I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you've been enjoying all of the birthday inspiration we've been having here lately!

Come back again soon!







No comments: