Translate

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Happy Birthday using a Stencil Technique on Dark Cardstock

Hi everyone!! Nora here from A Creative Touch with a masculine birthday card using stencils on dark cardstock.

Stamps: Somebunny
Stencils: Starlequin


I started off this card by daubing white pigment ink through the Starlequin stencil onto navy blue cardstock. I tried to cover the blue paper with as much white as I could get onto it. Next I heat set the ink with a heat gun.


I then used blue dye ink and foam daubers to blend three different colors of blue over the white, creating an ombre look. Just make sure that the pigment ink is dry because you do not want to contaminate your ink pads.


I left the bottom white as I knew that I was going to cover most of it up with the sentiment. 


Using the Happy Hanukkah Fri-die, I die cut "happy" out of silver cardstock and used a trimmer to cut two different width strips.


I adhered both strips of cardstock to the bottom of the card, and added the sentiment above.


I masked off sentiment from Somebunny and used blue dye ink to stamp"birthday" onto a white strip. I used foam adhesive to adhere it to the card.


The card still needed a little something so I die cut some stars out of silver using the Fun-Fetti Fri-dies and adhered them around the sentiment. 


This was a really fun card to create and I urge you to give this technique a try.

I hope that I inspired you today and don't forget to use my code NORASENTME for 15% off in the CAS-ual Fridays Store.


 I thank you for stopping by today. I hope you have a FABULOUS day!!







1 comment:

Kristine Boydstun said...

I love this card! What a great masculine card!