Translate

Saturday, December 4, 2021

A Happy Hanukkah Card

Happy Hanukah my friends!! It is Nora, here from A Creative Touch on the blog today with a festive card to celebrate this holiday of lights.


I started off my card by blending blue ink through the large star on the CAS-Fridays Jewish Star Stencil. I masked it off with tape so that I would only get the ink inside the part of the stencil I wanted. 


I then masked off the star and applied blue texture paste over the top. I utilized the same stencil but used the star strip on the left. I wanted a tone on tone effect that I could get using both the ink and the texture paste together. The texture paste was just a tad bit lighter so that it can be seen over the dark blue of the ink blending.


While my star was drying, I prepared my background. I used my FAVORITE CAS-Fridays stencil, Swirls Stencil, and blue glitter glue to make all the sparkly dots on a die cut, white rectangle. I have used this stencil on SO MANY cards and out of all the stencils I own, I have played with this stencil the most.


I set this panel aside to dry, and die cut the sentiment using the Happy Hanukkah dies. 


I decided to use a silver glitter cardstock to give the sentiment some visual weight because I was using so much blue on this card. I first tried a white glitter die cut but it blended into the background too much.

 
When all the pieces were dry, I put the card together. I adhered the swirls background over an A2, white, top folding card base. I then used foam adhesive to adhere the Jewish Star to my card front. My last step was to adhere the glitter sentiment over the star and my card was complete.


I was not sure where I was going when I started my card but I love the way it came out. I hope this inspires you to use your stencils and dies together.

The two stencils and the die cut for the sentiment are available in the CAS-Fridays Shop. Please use my code NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your total order!!!


I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Please be sure to check in to the blog this week for some more fabulous creations from the Design Team. 








No comments: