Translate

Monday, August 2, 2021

You Make My Heart Smile!!

Hello my Crafty Friends!!

Nora here from A Creative Touch with a card for you. I have decided to bring back the "grunge" look and created a mixed media card using some of the fun stencils in the CAS-Fridays Store


I started off my card by using Oxide ink on gel plate with the Falling Leaves Stencil. Two prints were created from this technique-one with a positive print and one with a negative print. The negative print  I created by using the left over ink from the top of the stencil and some water.


For todays card, I decided to use the positive print for my background, which is in the one in the back. 


I took the print, stamped some green hearts from the Sassy Smiles Duo stamp set and used Nuvo Drops in white with the Swirls Stencil to get the funky dots on my background. I then covered the hearts with Glossy Accents.


While the hearts were drying, I stamped the Smile sentiment from Sassy Smiles Duo with green ink and a coordinating sentiment in black on a piece of white cardstock. I die cut the "thinking of you" part of the sentiment using the large, pinked circle from the Pinked Slimline Dies.  I popped the "smile" portion of the sentiment up on the pinked circle and covered it with a glitter pen and Glossy Accents. I then added some yellow drops around the edges.


When all of my pieces were dry, I grunged up the edges using brown Distress ink and a paper distressor. I even used Distress ink on my card base. Everything was ready to put together!


I added the background to my distressed card base and then popped up the sentiment circle using foam adhesive.


This card was so much fun to make! I even have an extra piece of paper to use on my next project.


I hope you will give this fun technique a try!!! 

For some more inspiration, please be sure to visit the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog and have fun shopping the CFS Shop. Be sure to use my code NORASENTME for an extra 15% off your total purchase! This includes new items too!!


I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!



CAS-Fridays Supplie:








No comments: