Translate

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Looking at Your CAS-Fridays Supplies in a Different Way

Hello my friends!!!

Nora here from A Creative Touch with simple a card I created using a partial stencil technique, some dies and a stamped sentiment.


I started off my card by using the new Falling Leaves Stencil to partially stencil some leaves on a 4 by 
5 1/4" white panel. 


You don't need any extra supplies to do this technique. No masking was required! I even have some partially stenciled leaves on my panel and for the design I was going for, this was okay.


I used two different green inks to stencil my leaves. I started with a light green.


I then shaded over that with a darker green. When I took off my stencil, I thought it needed something else. I pulled out the CAS-Friday Flowerburst Stencil and used purple and pink ink to stencil 
some flowers. 


Once again I did not use the whole stencil but moved my stencil around to get the tiny flowers where I wanted them.


I added this panel to a pink, A2, top folding card base and then used some Nuvo drops in yellow and white to create flower centers. I set this aside to dry.


I wanted to create a butterfly but since I didn't have one from CAS-ual Fridays I created my own. I pulled out both the large and small flower from the 4 Petals Die and die cut one of each from white cardstock.


 I cut each flower in half and blended blue dye ink over the top of the white flowers. 


I then adhered one small set of petals with one large set to create a butterfly. I wrapped some black floss around the middle of the butterfly and tied it at the top to make some antennae.


Next I adhered these butterflies on top of my card-one using glue and one using foam adhesive. 


I used a clear shimmer pen over the butterflies to give them a little oomph.


My last step was to stamp a sentiment with black ink using the Terrific Flowers stamp set. 


I created this card by looking at my stencils and dies in a different way. If you don't have what you need, then create it with what you do have!

Interested in the products I used today? Use my code NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your total order in the CAS-Fridays Shop


Be sure to return the CAS-Fridays Blog later this week to see some fabulous creations from the other Design Team Members. I want to thank you for stopping by today. Have a FABULOUS day!!











No comments: