Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2020

A Masculine Happy Birthday Card

Hello everyone!! 

It is Nora here from A Creative Touch with a masculine themed birthday card using the Jacks Stencil, the new Happy Birthday stamp set and a sprinkle of stars using the Fun-Fetti Fri-dies.


I don't know about you but I have a heck of a time creating birthday cards with a masculine flair. For this card, I chose to use a technique using the Jacks Stencil with Indigo Color Burst. I thought the colors would be perfect for a masculine card.


I started off by putting Color Burst over my stencil and then liberally spritzing with water. I then took watercolor paper and placed it down on top of the stencil. When I lifted it up, I got this really cool pattern. I was actually able to dip two more watercolor papers onto the wet stencil to make THREE backgrounds. 


When my panel dried, I stamped Happy Birthday with Versamark ink and heat embossed over it with silver. I actually had to heat emboss the sentiment twice because even under the opaque silver powder, you could see the rich blue underneath after only one pass. 


I cut down the panel and layered it over a shiny piece of blue and silver cardstock. I then sprinkled silver star die cuts using the Fun-Fetti Fri-dies as an additional element to draw your eye through 
the card.


I love how this turned out and cannot wait to send it to my nephew who has turned twenty one
 this week!

I hope you like this project. Please don't forget to use my code NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your entire shopping order!!!


 I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Don't forget to check out the blog this week for more fabulous inspiration from the other Design Team members!!

Have a FABULOUS day!!





 






No comments: