Translate

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

No Limit To Your Awesomeness


Lisa here and I mentioned last time that I would share a background using watercolors and a stencil and so here we are!  I love this beautiful Mon Ami stamp set... the floral images and those great sentiments!


I started with the Modern Petals stencil and a panel of watercolor paper.  I taped down the stencil over the watercolor panel.


I laid down a light layer of the aqua color and let it dry.  I added a bit more tape and used a smaller paint brush with less water to add some purples and gold (of course) in a few select areas.  Less water and a tighter stencil will give you a little more control and less bleed under the stencil.


After the additional colors dried, I removed the stencil and splattered on a little of each of the colors and let it dry.


While my background was drying, I heat embossed one of the floral images from the Mon Ami set in gold on watercolor paper and die cut it out.  Then I used both of the purples that I used in my background to color it in.  I heat embossed that fun sentiment in white on Aqua cardstock and popped up both the floral and the sentiment on my background.


I love when the colors blend and bleed a bit, but you can still see the shape of the stencil open spaces!  I just added a few sequins and I was done!


That's me for today!  I hope you enjoyed your stop here!

Don't forget this is going on:



And should you decide there is something you must have, I have this for you:


Come back soon for more inspiration!






4 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

This sure turned out nicely! I appreciate you sharing your process too!

Lagene said...

WOW! I love this background and card design!

Betty Locco said...

LOVE this card. Thanks for the tutorial.

Michele said...

I love the backgrounds! I will have to try this