Translate

Friday, June 11, 2021

A Clean and Simple Thank You Card

Hello everyone!! Nora here from A Creative Touch with a simple thank you card that was inspired by a hike I took last weekend. The trees and wild flowers were so beautiful but what I really liked seeing was the dragonflies buzzing by. I decided to use the Everyday Dragonflies stamp set as the focus for my card.


I started off my card by cutting a piece of white cardstock into a 4" by 5 1/4" panel. I then used some Distress Ink and the Chunky Chevron die to partially stencil the turquoise ink onto the cardstock.


I adhered this panel over a top folding, A2, turquoise card panel. A circle was die cut using the  large stitched circle from the Pinked Slimline Die set. I used a scrap of pattern paper that was similar to the ink color and the card base.


I adhered the circle over the card front, slightly over lapping the stenciled ink. I set aside the card and stamped the small dragonfly and sentiment from the Everyday Dragonflies using Catherine Pooler Midnight ink.


I used the matching Dragonflies die set to die cut the dragonfly out and colored it in using Copic Markers.


I used foam adhesive to adhere my monochromatic 
dragonfly over the circle to give the card some dimension.


I added the sentiment strip and a trio of sequins around the sentiment to draw the eye in. My card was complete!!!


I loved how this project came out. I checked off a ton of boxes creating this. I stenciled, used some scrap pattern paper and then relaxed at my desk coloring in the dragonfly. This would be a simple card to recreate using different colors and sentiments.

For more amazing inspiration, be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog this week. If you decide to treat yourself to a shopping spree, use THIS LINK and my code NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your total order!!! This includes sale items too!!


I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by today. Have a FABULOUS Friday!!











No comments: