Translate

Friday, April 5, 2019

Looking at Your Supplies in a Different Way

Happy Friday everyone!! Nora on the blog today with a project that I mixed some old and new products from the store. 

Stencils: Modern Petals
Dies: Huggable Critters, Garden, and Fun-Fetti Fri-dies


I started off my card by using the new Modern Petals stencil to blend two colors of yellow on a white, A2 card front. I then adhered a yellow scalloped border and a piece of Kraft cardstock to the right side of the card.


Now it was time for me to make my embellishments. I created the butterfly by taking the dog ear dies from the Huggable Critters set and die cutting two of each out of white cardstock. 


If you have seen any of my previous posts, I often do this. I like to use the dies and stamps I have to create as many different things as I can. You can get more mileage out of your supplies that way. With the Huggable Critters dies, there are a TON of fun things that I cannot wait to make.

I used the same two colors of yellow that I used on the stencil to shade the butterfly wings and then I adhered them to the card front. 


I then took die cut hearts that I had die cut in black using the Fun-Fetti Fri-dies, and adhered them down the middle of the the "wings." I covered the whole thing with a clear sparkle pen and the black hearts with Glossy Accents. When the glaze dried, I added some antennae with a black marker.


I stamped a sentiment from the Peace and Comfort stamp set on a white strip of cardstock. I adhered the sentiment over the butterfly using foam adhesive.


Originally I was going to stop there but I thought it needed something more. I die cut two flowers and some leaves using the Garden Fri-dies, and shaded them in. I adhered the flowers and leaves above and below the sentiment strip.


This card seems like it has many steps to it but it came together in a half hour once I figured out what I wanted to do. I hope it inspires you to look at your supplies with a new eye.

If you want to buy the stamps and dies I used, hop on over to the store and use my code NORASENTME to get 15% off your total order.


I thank you for stopping by and will be back an a few weeks with another fun project.




   





2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your background looks wonderful Nora, this is a lovely card!

Jean said...

Great ideas, great color choices!