Translate

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Simple Birthday Card Using Scraps

Happy Wednesday!! I hope your week is going well!!

It is Nora on the blog today with a simple card pairing your paper scraps and mixing up some CAS-ual Fridays stamp sets to create a simple birthday card. One of the things I like doing the best is mixing up my stamp sets when making a card. This way, when you buy a stamp set, you stretch your dollar by using it in a multitude of ways.



I started off this card by using the Calm and Loving stamp set to create the heart background in yellow. I then added the tiny red heart randomly around the front. I die cut the white background and adhered it to a red, top folding A2 sized card base.


Next I created the three, main focal strips for the card front.  I stamped the music in red using the Love Notes set onto a red card stock scrap and covered the hearts with a glitter pen and glossy accents. The yellow strip was stamped with the Shenanigans stamp set and on the checked paper I used a sentiment from Whole Shebang set.


I adhered the three strips across the front using foam adhesive. As my last touch, I added three tiny hearts that were die cut using the Fun-Fetti Fri-Dies on the bottom strip.

I hope this inspires you to take a look at your stamps and to use up those scraps. Use my code norasentme to get get 15% off your total order at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. There are some fabulous sets being retired so get them before they are gone!!


 Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you have a FABULOUS day!!



  


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

This is just as cute as can be Nora! I like the repetitive hearts throughout your design!