Translate

Friday, December 10, 2021

Alcohol Ink/Shaker Magic


Welcome back!  I've got some more pink and snowflakes for you today!  I just love pink for Christmas/Winter cards!  I've been playing with some alcohol inks and had some fun with a few different techniques for this one.


I wanted a lighter alcohol inked background so I combined some Ranger Pearl Alcohol Ink along with some Copic Refill in a light pink.  I applied them and moved them around with Blending Solution.


Did you know you can add a little sparkle to your alcohol inked panels with foil?  The trick is to get it while it's not too wet, but still a little sticky... I keep all of my foil scraps for just such occasions.  Just press the foil over your piece and it stays on the sticky parts.


Then I used alcohol life ink along with the snowflakes from the Snowy Sayings stamp set.  You just stamp on your alcohol inked panel with the alcohol lift and then buff it with a paper towel to make the flakes appear...


Love the light images along with the light inky background.  I finished it off by splattering some acrylic paint over the top.


I cut the Flakey A2 Panel Die from white glitter paper, added a piece of acetate to the back of it and popped it up over some sequins on the alcohol ink panel and added a sentiment from the Snowy Sayings set.

Thanks so much for stopping!  Hope you'll come again soon for more inspiration!





No comments: