Translate

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Using Dies to Create a Stencil

Hello Crafty Friends!! Nora here from A Creative Touch with a card I created by making my own flower stencil using dies.


Sometimes I like to make easy cards, other times I like to try new things. 


I decided that I wanted to make a flower stencil using the 4 Petal Die set and a piece of plastic sheet. 


The plastic sheet was 6" by 6" and I randomly die cut flowers out of the whole sheet. Don't have a plastic sheet to use? You can use a piece of heavy weight cardstock or a piece of acetate to create the stencil.


After I created my stencil, I used peach dye ink and a stencil brush to blend ink over a white sheet of paper. I then took some Copic Markers to shade in my flowers and added three white dots in the center using a gel pen.


Next I stamped the small leaf from the Flower Duo set with green ink in some of the empty white space. I used Copic Markers in shades of green to give some weight to my leaves.


 I die cut the panel and added a white scallop at the bottom and placed it over a green stenciled stripe that I created using the Stars and Stripes stencil.


 I added this rectangle to an A2, Kraft, card base.


I stamped a sentiment from the Flower Duo set with clear embossing ink and heat embossed it in white. I cut the Kraft paper into a rectangle and punched a hole into the left hand side. I added some ribbon and jute to my make shift tag and adhered it to my card front using foam adhesive.


My last step was to add some clear droplets around the sentiment.

I cannot tell you how much FUN I had creating this card!!! I encourage you to take the time and try this technique. The 4 Petal Dies were the perfect flower to use for making your own stencil.

Hop on over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Shop for a shopping spree!! (Hint: there will be a new release this Friday so you might want to wait.) Use my code NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your total order, including any sale items you might buy!!!


I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by today. Please come back on Friday for the NEW July release!!! Have a FABULOUS day!









No comments: