Translate

Monday, November 2, 2020

Happy Thoughts

Happy Monday everyone!! Nora here from A Creative Touch with a card that I created using a neutral color palette with a splash of color. 



I rarely create anything using strictly black ink as a background. I see cards all over web that I LOVE using this neutral combination of black and white but every time I have made a card using this palette, it just doesn't look right to me. I decided that these dragonflies would be fabulous with this technique, though, and so I decided to give it a try.


I started off by stamping the small dragonfly from the Everyday Dragonflies set onto a white 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece of cardstock using Catherine Pooler's Midnight ink.


Next I mixed the smooshed the black ink onto my glass mat, mixed it with a little water and used a paint brush to splatter it onto my background. It gives it a subtle effect but if you have any mistakes, this technique covers it up LIKE A DREAM.


I then used the Pinked Slimline Dies to die cut a pinked circle out of red cardstock and a stitched circle out of white. I stamped the sentiment from Everyday Dragonflies with red dye ink onto the white circle. I originally was just going to layer the sentiment circle over the red but it did not look grounded. I then die cut another circle from black paper using a die from my stash. I adhered all three of the sentiment pieces together.


Now my card was ready to be assembled. I cut my white panel down to 4" by 5 1/4" and adhered it to a top folding, A2, black card base. 


I then used some silver thread that was in a knotted mess and just adhered it to the card front in the area where I was going to put my sentiment. As you can see, you don't have to be neat about it because no one will see this when the card is all put together.


I adhered the sentiment circle over the top of the thread knot using a combination of foam adhesive and some glue so that the layered circles would be sure to stick. I piled on some acrylic blocks that I use for stamping and let it dry for a couple of minutes.


I could have stopped here but since in design, a good rule of thumb is to do things in threes, so I die cut some red hearts using the Fun-Fetti Fri-dies (my FAVORITE set of dies from anywhere that are being retired) and adhered them under the sentiment. 


I LOVE how this came out and would be a really fun card to make using another color to showcase besides red over the black and white base. 

For tons more inspiration, be sure to visit the CAS-ual Fridays Blog and hop on over to the CFS Store to do some shopping. You can use my code, NORASENTME, to get an extra 15% off your total order!!


I thank you for taking the time to stop by and I hope you have a FABULOUS day!!!





 





No comments: