Translate

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Courage Now, Tomorrow and Always for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month!!

Hello Crafty Friends!! 

Larissa here today and I can hardly believe that September is half over!! 
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month to bring awareness to childhood cancer, which remains the leading cause of death by disease for children under the age of 14!! So today my Card was made to HONOR ALL of those Kids battling Cancer or those who are in remission!! You're ALL AMAZING and your Courage and Strength is VERY INSPIRING!! 
I Started by creating my Background Panel!! I inked with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink and added some Water Splatters and Black Soot Distress Paint Splatters along with some Nuvo Midas Touch Shimmer Pen Splatters!! I LOVE the addition of even more Sparkle in the background!! Then I Stamped and Embossed the Sentiments!! The Courage Word is from a Discontinued (Powerful Words) CAS-ual Fridays Stamp Set, but I figured several of you probably have it and LOVE it as much as I do so I'm using it anyway to hopefully INSPIRE you to give some of your older sets some much need use too!! 
You can use ANY Sentiment here and there are SEVERAL Word Dies that would be PERFECT as well!! Like the Hope Fri-Die or even the Just Breath Fri-Die!! I Stamped with Vera Fine Black Onyx Ink and Embossed with WoW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder!! Then I Stamped and Embossed again with WoW Embossing Ink and this time I Embossed with WoW Bright White Embossing Powder!! 
I Stamped the Ballerina Image from the Tutu Stamp Set with WoW Embossing Ink and then applied the NEW WoW Picnic Basket Embossing Glitter!! Yellow is the Color associated with Childhood Cancer so that's why I've chosen to use the Yellow Color!! Then I used the coordinating Ballerina Fri-Dies to Die Cut the Image out!! Then I adhered it to the top of the Courage Sentiment using some Foam Tape!! 
I added some Jewels for even more Sparkle and then adhered the Card Panel to a NND Scalloped Rectangle Die Cut from some TE Oreo Cardstock!! I adhered it to a Crate Paper Patterned Paper Cardbase using Foam Tape for some dimension and mt Card was done!! I LOVE the way it turned out and I just KNOW it'll make the recipient Abby's Day as she's CELEBRATING 5 Years of Remission after enduring 2 1/2 years of treatments for High Risk A.L.L. Pre B Cell Leukimia!! She's a ROCK STAR and I hope she knows how AMAZING she is Now, Tomorrow and Always!! 💛
Please help spread ENCOURAGEMENT to any Child or Family that you know going through this difficult process and KNOW that these small acts of kindness REALLY do help to BRIGHTEN their Day!! 
Help Spread AWARENESS for Childhood Cancer!! 

For TONS of AMAZING Inspiration make sure to visit the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog and shop the NEW, Old and Sale Products in the CFS Shop!! You can also use my discount code LARISSASENTME to SAVE 15% off anything in the Shop!! WHOOP WHOOP!! 

THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!! 

Larissa Heskett  💛🎗💛

TutuBallerina Fri-DiesPeace & ComfortWord RibbonWOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad  WOW New Dual Speed Heat ToolWOW! Clear Gloss Super Fine Embossing PowderWOW! Opaque Bright White Superfine

No comments: