Translate

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Monochromatic Elegance

Hi everyone!! 
Nora here from A Creative Touch on the blog today with a simple, monochromatic card using the Modern Petals Stencil (my FAVORITE!!!) and a sentiment from the Foxy stamp set. 


I started off this card by creating the background with the Modern Petals stencil and Nuvo Crackled Mousse in Russian White. 


I taped a piece of cream cardstock down on my craft sheet and then taped the stencil over it. I used a spatula to spread the mousse over the stencil like I was frosting a cake.


I had never used this medium before but I watched a couple tutorials on how to use this medium. I carefully took the stencil off the top but left the cardstock taped to my craft mat to dry for 
twenty-four hours. 


In my research, I found that if you didn't dry it taped to something stiff, the panel could roll up when drying. This doesn't hurt the panel in anyway but I wanted to prevent that from happening as 
much as possible.


I die cut the dried panel, added some cream twine and used foam adhesive to adhere it to a top folding, A2 card base.


I added a sentiment that I stamped and heat embossed in gold, using the Foxy stamp set. I thought the font style and the gold went well with the muted colors I used for this card. I used foam adhesive to give the sentiment some emphasis.


I completed my card by adhering some cream and gold sequins randomly around the sentiment. 

This card was really simple to create but there is an elegance to it with the monochromatic colors that I chose to use.

Want to go on a shopping spree? Use your code NORASENTME for 15% off your total order at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamp Store!


 I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Be sure to pop back in later this week for some awesome projects by my fellow design team members!!





Products used for my card:






1 comment:

Bast said...

Simply stunning! Love monochromatic cards