Translate

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Stamp Masking and a Two For One Card

Hello everyone!! 
Nora here today from A Creative Touch with two cards I created from one panel. 

Stamps: Pretty Posies
Stencils: Tin Roof Stencil


I have been playing around with different techniques as of late. I want to stretch my stamps as much as possible so I can get more use out of them. These cards I experimented with masking. I actually had a stain glass window in my head when I started but it didn't come out as I wanted. Since it took me a ton of work to create my panel, I decided to recycle it and these cards are what were created.

To start with, I stamped the leaf from the Pretty Posies stamp set multiple times, using Post It Notes for masking.

I then used Copic Markers to color all my leaves in.


Since I did not like the way the design on the panel turned out, I decided to cut it in half to create two cards. This is a great way to use a panel if you are not satisfied with the design and you don't want to discard it.


For my first card, I matted the panel on the left in black and tied a piece of ribbon and twine around the top third of the  stamped panel.


I used foam adhesive to adhere it over a white die cut base that I had dry embossed with the Tin Roof Stencil, and die cut with a scalloped die. 


Once again, I used foam adhesive to layer a black cardstock strip and the stamped sentiment, also from Pretty Posies, as shown.


To complete the card, I added some sequins that matched the colors I used and a bit of Stickles glitter glue in the center to give the card some shine.


On my second card, I matted my panel with a purple/blue cardstock scrap. Next I adhered it over an A2 sized, top folding card base.


I added a thin, black cardstock strip to break up the larger image on the left side, and a larger strip on the right side.


I actually cut the sentiment apart and used foam adhesive to adhere the sentiment over the right black cardstock strip.


My last step was to use an Aqua Shimmer pen on the part of the leaves colored in purple and then cover these same sections with Glossy Accents. 


These were a lot of fun to create. I am actually happy with how they turned out too. I challenge you to go through your stamps and use this fun technique. 


If you are interested in this stamp set and stencil, use my code NORASENTME to get 15% off your total order. 


I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!