Translate

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Let the Sentiment Shine

Happy Hump Day everyone!! Nora here from A Creative Touch with a layered card I created where the sentiment takes the stage. 

Stamps: Dream Then Do (retiring)
Stencil: Tin Roof


I am so sad that this stamp set is retiring because I LOVE this large sentiment. You can create a card with a simple design because the sentiment is really the focal point.

I started off the card by creating a stenciled background using the Tin Roof stencil and yellow Distress Ink.


I cut the panel down to a 4" by 5 1/4" and layered this stenciled background over an A2 sized, top folding, white card base. I added a scrap piece of paper over that I had blended with the same yellow Distress ink and a splash of gold mist. 

Next I stamped the sentiment in black using the Dream Then Do stamp set. 


I die cut the panel into a square and adhered this to the card front with adhesive foam. I set this aside to create the flowers.

Again, I used yellow Distress Ink to create a yellow panel.


I then die cut the tops of the flowers using Garden Fri-Dies from this paper.


I then die cut the leaves and the flower bottoms out of white cardstock.


I layered the flowers together, adhered them to the card front around the sentiment and then covered the yellow flower top with Stickles glitter glue to give them a bit of pop.


To finish off the card, I added some gold gems.


I now challenge you to make the sentiment on a card to be center stage.

The Dream Then Do stamp set, as well as some other fabulous products, are retiring and presently in the SALE section of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamp store. Use my code NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your entire order, including sale items!!


I thank you for stopping by. Until next time.....








3 comments:

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

So bright and cheerful. Great colors and design. Just beautiful!

Jean said...

A terrific combination of elements!

Lisa said...

This is SO beautiful Nora... love the softness and beautiful design!