Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

It's Never Too Latte for COFFEE

Happy Wednesday!! It is Nora here from A Creative Touch and I am on the blog today with a coffee card in spirit of the spring/summer coffee themed blog hop with Coffee Loving Cardmakers.

I had a lot of fun getting inky when I created this card. When I make coffee cards, I always use some form of ink distressing. It gives me an excuse to be messy!!



I started off this card by making the background. I used two different sized beans from Peace, Love and Coffee to randomly stamp across a die cut piece of kraft colored cardstock. I then took the top of an embossing powder, dipped it into brown ink and "stamped" it onto the background to make a coffee stain.


Next I used Distress Ink to blend around the edges of a white, A2 sized card.


I adhered the kraft panel over the distressed card base. 

I used the To go Cup and the Coffee Cup Fri-dies to die cut the various pieces of the cup from scraps of paper. I distressed the edges with ink, and then adhered the cup and the "coffee" to the card front.


Next I used brown dye ink to stamp sentiments from Time for Coffee and the Coffee Talk stamp sets, onto white cardstock strips. I distressed the edges with Distress Ink and adhered them to the card using foam adhesive. 


To complete my card, I covered the the die cut "coffee" sentiment with an aqua shimmer pen and Glossy Accents. This helped to give the word some emphasis.


I love how this card came out and it was SO FUN to make. For a plethora of coffee stamps and dies, hop on over to the CAS-ual Fridays Store and use my code NORASENT me to get 15% off your total purchase.



I thank you for stopping by. Have a FABULOUS day!!









3 comments:

Sue D said...

Great design with the coffee bean background and all the sentiments.

Marianne said...

Fun card, and such a clever idea to use a lid to do some stamping.

Cindy C. said...

So fun, I like how you created the coffee mark! :)