Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Unleash Your Sparkle

Hello lovelies! I am so over winter and ready for a little bit of sunshine and warmer weather; and I think I unconsciously used some light, bright colours when I made my card for today! 

Stamp Set: Be A Unicorn. Dies: Unicorn Fri-Die.


I started with a white C6 card blank and blended three Distress Ink colours onto the front, varying the intensity of the colours a little.

With black ink, I stamped one of the sentiments from Be A Unicorn, directly into the left hand corner of the card. The sentiments stamp so well, with a nice juicy ink, that there's no need to use a Precision Press (but feel free if it makes you feel a little better about stamping directly onto the card!)

With the same ink, I stamped the unicorn onto some spare white card, then used the co-ordinating Unicorn Fri-Die to cut it out. It does this so much better than I could ever cut it by hand (so it's well worth investing in if you have the stamp set!)

I adhered the die-cut directly onto the card blank, leaving a little bit of the hair free from adhesive, so it looks like it's blowing in a soft, spring breeze! (See where my mind takes me?) 

Then, to finish the card, I added a selection of little sparkles, to echo the sentiment and add a bit of dimension. 





1 comment:

Cathy said...

LOVE this Clair, the soft colours and uncoloured unicorn look fantastic! Cathy x