Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

A Trio of Cards using Pretty Posies


Happy Wednesday!! Nora here with a trio of cards using a simple design.



I needed a bunch of get well cards but I am not great at making cards EXACTLY the same. I get bored very easily so I decided to use the same supplies but vary the stamping a bit along with playing with some colors.

For each card, I started off by using Distress Inks to blend color onto a piece of white cardstock using a blending brush.


I then stamped the flowers from Pretty Posies, in black, along the left and bottom of the white cardstock.

Next I added hearts, purple on the purple card, and red for the yellow and green, using the Calm and Loving stamp set.


On the green card front, I added another step by coloring in the flowers with colored pencils.


On this particular card front, I stamped each flower, colored it in, and then stamped over it again with the black ink. Using Pretty Posies, I stamped each sentiment block separately in inks that coordinated with the colors of each card.


To finish each card, I die cut the front and then adhered it to matching cardstock. I used a clear sparkle pen on the hearts of each card and covered them with Glossy accents. On the green card, I added some confetti sequins as well.

Below are more views of the purple card and the yellow card.





This was an easy way to create a few cards that I needed but each are just a little different to keep my interest in creating. I hope that this has given you a few ideas on making similar cards.

If you decide to purchase any of the products used today, please use my code NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your total order!



I thank you for taking the time to stop by and be sure to check back this week for another fabulous post from another Girl Friday!! Have a FABULOUS day!!


Stamps Used on this Post:






2 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Pretty trio of cards! I like how you've varied your cards enough to keep from getting bored. They are sweet. xo Bev

Kara Lynne said...

Each of these cards is delightful and so fresh and ready for spring! I love the blending and how you added the little hearts!