Translate

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Alcohol Lifting with CAS-ual FRI-days Stamps!

Hello wonderful crafty friends!!!  Are you still swooning over last weeks new release?!  I know I still am!  And today I'm mixing one new set and one older set with a new to me technique: Alcohol Lifting.  Since I'm a newbie to the technique myself I decided to use more solid images, as I thought this would be easier to work with for a first time.

To begin I cut a piece of Yopo Cardstock in half as bases for two bookmarks.  I also laid out my supplies: Alcohol inks, Alcohol Blending Solution, Blending Tool, and Alcohol Lifting Ink.



I then had fun adding the alcohol ink in two different ways.  For one I just dripped the ink repeatedly as well as the Blending Solution, and for the other one I pounced the alcohol ink and blending solution onto the Yupo paper with my blending tool...

Oh how I just love how different each one of these is.  Once they were dry I inked up chosen stamp sets: Nate & Friday and Tutu.  I then stamped them onto my inked backgrounds.  When doing this I noticed that the image might slide a little if you don't hold it firmly down.  I had also watched a previous video done by Tim Holtz on how to correctly use the Alcohol Lift Ink, and so I knew I would have a little bit of time to transfer the ink I lifted from the background onto another area, so I tried that next...

While my stamp off images are not perfect (I didn't stamp them onto a porous surface, but rather onto the back of my Yupo bookmark), but I do love the marble effect it gives.  Next, I flipped my bookmark back over and dabbed where the image was to lift off several times before finally buffing my lifted image on the front...

Isn't this just so cool?!  I LOVE the ghost like look of this, it goes with the bright colors.  I then repeated this with the green bookmark...


I finished both of them off by stamping some sentiments with Versafine Ink...


I then trimmed the edges and added some twine to the tops...




Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you've enjoyed my post, and if you re-create this look with your CAS-ual Fridays Stamps make sure you share it with us on one of our social media sites!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa





1 comment:

AndreaH said...

Love how you've made these gorgeous bookmarks! Great fun doing this, I. Going to try this today lol. TFS xx