Translate

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Full On Floral With An Alcohol Lift


Welcome back!  I'm playing with some Alcohol Ink and Alcohol-Lift Ink!


I started with some EVO paper and splattered on Ranger Alcohol Inks in Raspberry, Eggplant and Aqua and then some Blending Solution.  I moved the inks around using the Hand Blower and added a little ink here and a little blender there until I was happy with the look.  I let it dry while cutting the other elements such as the heart window panel and flowers from the Four Petals dies.


When the panel was dry, I placed it in the Misti and used a freshly inked Alcohol Lift-Ink pad to link it up and stamp the Full On Floral stamp onto it.  I did leave the image down on the inked panel for about half a minute.  I inked the stamp up again and restamped one more time before I was finished.


When you first lift up the stamp you can very lightly see the image on the panel.  I took a paper towel and buffed the image lightly.


As you buff and the ink is moved away, the image starts to appear leaving a ghost of your image in the ink.


I cut the panel down to fit in the heart window I had cut previously.  The heart was adhered to the base so that it would fit in the window and the window panel was popped up over it.  The Breathe word die from the Just Breathe Dies was cut three times... once from some of the leftover inked panel and two more from some purple cardstock... and then stacked together.  It was adhered to the edge of the heart window.


I added the flowers made by layering the two sizes of Four Petals die cuts and added a gem to the center.  Finally I stamped a little "hang in there" sentiment from Somebunny onto the bottom corner (should have done that while it was flat, but it was a last minute decision to stamp it directly onto the panel and using the Misti it was easy peasy!


And that's me for today!  I hadn't played with the Alcohol Lift in a while, but this month I'm using lots of alcohol inks in my projects and thought it was time to pull it out.

Thanks for stopping and hope you'll come again soon for more CAS-ual Fridays Stamps inspiration!





No comments: