Translate

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A Simple Thank You using Pretty Posies


Hi everyone!! Nora here from  A Creative Touch. I hope everyone is remaining happy and healthy during this unprecedented time. One of the things I have been trying to do is COLOR. It relieves stress and when I used stamped images, I can make cards with them when I want to.


Today I created a simple thank you card where the colored flowers from Pretty Posies are the 
main event.

Stamps: Pretty Posies and Foxy 


I began my card by stamping my flowers and a leaf from Pretty Posies with a Copic safe, black ink and then colored in my images using Copic markers. I never wound up coloring the leaf as I decided I was not going to need it for the design I had in mind.


My next step was to use the matching Posies Fri-dies to die cut each of the stamped images.


While I was die cutting, I also die cut a background out of gray cardstock using the Trellis Cover Die. I love this die because you can use it to emboss or as a die cut. It stayed together nicely so I decided to use it to emboss my cardstock. I then cut my embossed panel in half.


I then started fooling around with the stamped images to figure out what I wanted to use. When I found what looked good to me, I stamped my sentiment using the "thank you" from the Foxy stamp set.


I adhered the Trellis die cut down and the large flower over it. I then popped up the smaller flower using foam adhesive.


My last steps were to cover the flower centers with a bit of shimmer and add some purple rhinestones around the sentiment.


I hope this inspires you to dig out your blooms and make them the star of your card!!

If you need a little shopping pick me up, use my code NORASENTME to get 15% off your 
total order. 


I thank you for taking the time to stop by today. Have a FABULOUS day!!






No comments: