Translate

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Thinking of You


Happy Tuesday everyone!! Nora here from A Creative Touch

Fall is in full swing here in New England and the trees are turning such pretty shades of oranges, reds and yellows. In honor of fall, I decided to create a fall card using the oak trees in my yard as inspiration. I pulled out the Calm and Loving stamp set that is retiring and the Acorn Fri-dies to make my card.


I started off by stamping the "branch" on my card in brown ink using the Calm and Loving tree. I made this into a branch by curving the end


Next I used brown dye ink, "Carved Pumpkin" and "Mustard Seed" Distress Ink to do a toothbrush technique. I dabbed ink on an acrylic block, sprayed it with water and then dragged my tooth brush threw the watered down ink. I used my finger over the toothbrush to get the splatter effect.


While the card front was drying, I blended Distress Inks in green, yellow and orange onto a scrap of white cardstock. I then used the oak leaf from the Acorn Fri-dies to die cut two leaves from the ink blended paper.


My next step was to use the vein die from the set to emboss some veins into the yellow leaves.


I trimmed two scrap pieces of paper, one in orange and one and brown, into strips. I then stamped the sentiment from the Calm and Loving stamp set onto the orange strip.


My pieces were complete and then I assembled my card.


The sentiment strip was adhered using foam adhesive and I added the jute bow to "tie" the leaves together.


My last step was to adhere some sequins randomly around the edges of everything. 

That is all from me today. If you want to do some shopping, use my code NORASENTME in the CAS-ual Fridays Stamp Store to get an additional 15% off, even sale prices!!


I thank you for stopping by. Have a FABULOUS day!!


Supplies I used:





No comments: