Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Colorful Embossing on Dark Cardstock

Happy Saturday!! Nora here from A Creative Touch on the blog today with a birthday card that uses a ton of embossing. 

I am going to confess that I have a love/hate relationship with embossing. No matter how hard I try, I get powder EVERYWHERE. However, over the years, I have accumulated a ton of different embossing powders so I decided to try something new for me-embossing on black cardstock.

Stamps: WTF 2 and Bomb Diggity


I started off this card stamping the number 50 from the WTF 2 stamp set onto black cardstock and  heat embossing each in a bright colored, opaque embossing powder. Don't have colored embossing powder? This could also be done with any metallic-gold, silver, copper-and look just as fabulous.


I adhered the piece of black cardstock to a white, A2, top folding card front. I stamped the "fabulous" sentiment using Bomb Diggity onto white cardstock and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. I then fussy cut it for more emphasis. I kind of played with it on the black background and decided I needed something more for it to pop. I wound up cutting strips of rainbow colored paper scraps and adhered them to the bottom of the card front. 


I then adhered a hash tag sticker and popped up "fabulous" with foam adhesive. 


All my friends are turning fifty this year so I am going to make a bunch of these cards to send out. It was easy and fast to create and I think, packs a punch.

Here are links to the WTF 2 and Bomb Diggity in the CAS-ual Fridays Store. Don't forget to use my code NORASENTME to get 15% off your total order.


I thank you for stopping by. Have a FABULOUS day!!







1 comment:

Kristie Goulet said...

This is such a fun card, Nora! I love it!