Translate

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Life is Better


Welcome back!  Today I'm sharing a card I created using the negative foil sheet from the last time!  This month I've been sharing cards using the Pawesome Stencil and Nate and Friday Stamp Set!


I started by applying some black glossy texture past through the Love part of the stencil.  I masked the paw that makes the "O"  because I new I wanted to do it in a different color.  I set it aside to dry.


I worked on a few other things while waiting for it to dry because I knew I'd be laying the stencil over that area again and didn't want to smear the black onto the cardstock.  Once it was dry, I applied some Neon Electro Pop Glitz through the paw portion of the Love stenciled area.


Then I grabbed that foil negative piece from last time and laid it on top of a piece of black toner paper.  The dull part of the foil should make contact with the toner paper because that is what it sticks to.  When I first started using foil it seemed backwards...lol... but after a while it came naturally and of course it makes sense, but it did take my brain a while to work that out,.


So, the negative areas let the black toner paper show through!  Cool, right?  When the Love layer was dry, I die cut it using a square die from my stash and then layered it and the base onto black and then the base onto a piece of white.


I stamped one of the pups again and trimmed him down.  Stamped that sweet sentiment and trimmed it and then popped everything up on to the rainbow foiled base sliding my pup under the sentiment so he was peeking out.

I love using my foil this way because there is no waste!  And there are lots of fun ways to use your negative pieces ... this is just one of them and I'll share another with you in September.

That's me for today!  Thanks so much for stopping!  I hope you enjoyed it and you'll come again soon!








No comments: