Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Get Your Happy On With Alcohol Inks and Foil

Hello!  Welcome back!  I've got another one like the Champagne Flutes from last time and I'm sharing with you how I created it using a panel that didn't turn out as I'd hoped, but I decided it was perfect for die cutting flowers!

I started by covering a panel of EVO synthetic paper with alcohol inks.

I used the Bold Flower stencil to add some Reactive Paint to the panel and let it dry for a few hours and then ran it through the Minc with some purple foil.

Well, I'm not sure if I didn't let them dry long enough or if it is something else, but the foil stuck to more than just the painted area.  Not one to give up, I decided it would make some pretty flowers.  So I took out my 4 Petal dies and cut a few.

Then I die cut a panel of white cardstock and created a dragonfly shaped window using the coordinating die from the Everyday Dragonfly set.

I added foam tape to the back of the windowed panel and popped it onto a purple background.  Then I added all of my 4 petal die cuts in the center along with some sequins to fill up the open areas.

I added some iridescent gems to the center of the flowers and finally, a sentiment from the Whole Shebang stamp set and done.

That's me for today!  Hope you enjoyed my mistake.  I'll keep working on the foil and alcohol ink/stencil/panel thing, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying playing with these "mistakes".

Hope you'll come again soon for more CAS-ual Fridays Stamps inspiration!

No comments: