Translate

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Under the Weather - Gelli Printing Plate


Welcome back!  We've just come off of an awesome week of New Release inspiration and I hope you enjoyed it!  I decided this month I'm going to play with my Gelli Printing Plate and take you on the journey with me...lol!  I haven't used mine in a while... I had played a bunch and learned a lot from my friend Jean quite a while ago, but hadn't gone back to it since.  Today I decided the new Scattered Showers Stencil and some beautiful paints I have in my stash.


I pulled out my 5x7 Gelli plate and brayer and laid down some of the Folk Art Acrylic in Emerald Green Metallic and Deco Art Glorious Gold Metallic also Acrylic and spread it with the brayer over the plate. 


I let the colors mix until I got the blend I wanted.


So pretty right... and it would probably be perfect just like that.


But I decided to add some raindrops with the Scattered Showers stencil.


I placed a die cut panel over it and applied pressure up and down and peeled it off... the result was pretty cool... but... turns out also cool was what was left!


I was look at at the leftovers and thought what the heck and placed another piece of paper I had sitting there over it and it turned out to be my favorite of the night (so you'll see the other another time)


I just loved the light distressed look this one had and the way that the gold that was gathered at the edges of the stencil created a shadow of sorts... so I let it dry completely and then die cut it and it became my base.


I decided the gold glitter paper clouds and raindrops were just right as an accessory and chose these two sentiments all from from the new Raindrops duo (I love these new mini stamp and die sets!!!)


I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need some more metallic paints... I use mine quite a bit and I have a feeling I'm gonna end up emptying out a couple containers this month!

Thanks so much for stopping and hope you enjoyed your visit!  In case you feel the need to head on over to the shop, I have this for you (pst.. there's a sale going on right now!!... no code needed and lots of awesome discounts.. plus....)


Use my code (or that of any of the Girl Friday codes and save even more!

See you again soon I hope!








No comments: