Translate

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Happy Anniversary!!

Hello everyone!! Its my first card for 2020 and nice to not be making a Christmas card! Hope you all had a fantastic holiday, that your weather was kind and you had a chance to relax. I'm back to work tomorrow after having just under two weeks off and not looking forward to it at all.....would much rather stay home and hang out with the kids, play basketball with Max and experiment with make-up with Phoebe.

Walking through a bookstore yesterday I saw a few Valentine's cards advertised and was quite shocked as feel like I haven't gotten over Christmas yet. But it got me thinking about making some cards about love instead of them being covered in Christmas images:


I thought these pastel colours were so pretty together with the light grey and white. And love how the 'white-on-white' background adds some interest without taking away from the main image.

The background was made with the Heart A2 Panel Fri-die, the central image with the Heartboard Fri-dies and Ornament Tag Fri-dies, and the sentiment from the Ever After  stamp set. Mixing a bit of the old with the new!! To find out how I put this together you can find all in the info on my blog HERE. 




Hope you've found a bit of inspiration with my design for your own Valentine's cards and I'll see you back here again later in the month with a new idea or two.

Take care
Shona


 

No comments: