Translate

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Unicorn Trio


Hello crafters! This is Ashlea and I'm back today showing this card I created with the new Unicorn release. I kept this card super simple (per usual) but I made sure there were fun pops of color and interest included in the basic design. The no-line coloring is what took the longest here, but let's go through what I did to give it some pizzazz.


I used my MISTI to stamp the three unicorns perfectly spaced from one another on a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" card stock. As you can see, I stamped the right unicorn with blue ink and the left hand unicorn with pink ink, but what you may not noticed is that I stamped a center unicorn in black ink. I did this basically as a place holder to remind me exactly where to adhere my colored unicorn later. On a separate piece of scrap card stock, I stamped the unicorn again, but this time I used a very pale beige color in order to do a no-line coloring.


I used comics to color the unicorns body and hair and made sure to use fun, bright colors to make the design pop even more. I used a very black thick point pen to define the eye and nostrils of the unicorn to be sure they didn't get lost in the coloring. I used foam tape to adhere the center unicorn to add dimension and interest to the card. Finally, to add a little more interest, I used a piece of decorated patterned paper as a matted background sized to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and then adhered this all to an A2 sized card base. I decided to leave a sentiment off of this card because I love the symmetry of it and didn't want to throw that off. (It's on the inside, though!)

I hope that you have enjoyed learning a bit about how I created this card. Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll see you very soon!

Ashlea







No comments: