Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

The Most Wonderful Time - Christmas in February!


Hello all!  Lisa here and today is the 25th of the month and a friend and I have committed to creating a Christmas card a week for the year so we're ready come December to just mail them!  This month I decided to use a few of my favorite CAS-ual Fridays holiday stamps and dies to create my cards!  I'm sharing this one with you here and I have three more on my blog if you are interested in checking those out too!


For this one I started with an ink blended background using some blues and purples.. you know the hard thing about making Christmas Cards all year is I'm not always in the mood for the traditional red and green... probably why so many of my cards lately have been done in non-traditional colors... and I love it!

I stamped some snowflakes and snow drops from the Snowy Sayings stamp set over the top of it with Versamark and then embossed using Snowy Glitter embossing powder.  I purposely did not use the antistatic powder on this before hand because I wanted the excess powder to be scattered on the background!  And these beautiful snowflakes do normally stamp quite detailed, however because of the nature of this particular powder you don't see it all on this background... which is exactly the look I was going for!


Finally one of the sentiments from Snowy Sayings embossed onto the purple cardstock and I cut the Funky Flakes from white glitter paper.  I don't bother cutting my Funky Flakes Fri-Dies apart, because why in the world wouldn't I just cut a bunch all at the same time?!  LOL... I like to have extras all ready to go and I rarely know ahead of time which ones I'm going to use, so I cut them all... several times!


I finished with a few clear sequins scattered around and I was finished!

Thanks so much for stopping here today!   You can find my post that includes all of the other designs I made for this month right here!  You know... if you want!

Should you see something you must have I have this for you:



Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you enjoyed your visit!



2 comments:

Lagene said...

Gorgeous, I love all the sparkle and the added die cut flakes!

karen adams said...

I love it! Those colors are great with snowflakes!