Translate

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Make a Wish-Foiling with Stencils


Hello everyone!! Nora here from A Creative Touch with a fun, foiled birthday card. 

I have been in a glut with creativity and when that happens, I try a new technique. I decided to use the Curtis Stencil with foil transfer gel and rainbow foil to make my card. I have a limited experience using this medium and it was fun to experiment with it. 


I began by spreading foil transfer gel onto an A2 white panel using a palate knife through the Curtis Stencil. I then put it aside and left it to dry over night.


When the panel was dry, I used a rainbow foil sheet and a hot laminator machine to foil the front of the card.


Looking at it, you can see where some of the transfer gel was not spread evenly, giving it a funky look. I could have thrown the panel away but since the lack of coverage was not just on one part of the card but varies throughout, I decided that I would use this as a "design element."


I die cut the panel using a rectangle die and mounted it onto a red, A2 sized card base. I added two foiled circles that I had on my desk that were an "experiment" to make sure that my laminator 
was ready to use.


I heat embossed a sentiment from the Shenanigans stamp set, in gold, onto a white cardstock strip. I then cut out the words to stack on the card.


I adhered the sentiment, popping up the "make" and "wish" with foam adhesive. 


My last step was to adhere some red hearts that were die cut with the Fun-Fetti Fri-dies.

 

This card was really easy to make, barring the overnight drying time. I hope that this inspires you to try foiling yourself. 

That is it for me today. If you are shopping in the CAS-ual Fridays Store, be sure to use my code NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your total order.


Thank you for stopping by. Be sure to pop back in to see more inspiration from our design team.






1 comment:

Christine Kosmak said...

Love this technique with the stencil and foil.
Someone may just want to delete the other comment as it's spam.