Translate

Friday, October 23, 2020

Sending Hugs and Happy Thoughts

Hello there!! Its the start of my weekend here in New Zealand and hopefully close to yours where you are in the world. I plan to fill mine with loads of gardening, card making and giving myself a pedicure (my feet look like they belong to a Hobbit!!).
 
I've got a card to share with you today that involved me stepping out of my comfort-zone and getting messy, very messy. In fact I've since discovered when I was flicking the paint for this card I hadn't realised how far it had flicked (on my computer screen, the walls, and over cards I hadn't photographed yet......):
 

No 'clean and simple' from me today. This was all about trying something new after being inspired by my friend Coni, who splatters like a magician!
 
I used the larger dragonfly from the new 'Everyday Dragonflies' set, along with the matching 'Dragonflies Dies'. There was a bit of watercolouring, a bit of smooshing and a bit of paint splattering going on, which finished with some heat embossing using the WOW 'Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Glitter'. To find out how I put this all together, pop over to my blog post HERE. 
 
Really hope this inspires you to try something new with your crafting, even relinquish a bit of control over your designs. You never know, you might discover something new that you just love!!

And don't forget to check out the Clearance Section  for LOADS of bargains on so many of my favourite products.
 
Enjoy the weekend and I'll see you back here again very soon.
 
Take care
Shona
 

 


1 comment:

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!