Translate

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

An Emboss/Resist Birthday Card

Happy Tuesday everyone!! Nora here with an embossed/resist card. 

As the New Year has started, I decided to step away from my clean and simple look and create a card with bright colors for some birthdays I have this month. I used some older products for this card. 

Stamps: Shenanigans


Step 1
Using the Shenanigans stamp set and clear ink, I stamped the "make a wish" sentiment four times and the "then blow out the bonfire! sentiment once onto watercolor paper.  I then heat embossed the sentiments in white.


Step 2
Next I smooshed ink in three colors on a craft mat, misted water over the top and dipped the embossed cardstock into the ink. I tried to use colors associated with fire because of the reference to bonfire. I had to smoosh the ink in stages to get the look I wanted. I used a heat gun to dry between each layer of ink. When the panel was dry, I adhered it over an orange A2 sized card base.


Step 3
I die cut some stars out of yellow using the Fun-Fetti Fri-Dies. I adhered these stars over the top of the fourth "make a wish" sentiment and covered them with a gold sparkle pen and Glossy Accents.


Step 4
My last step was to adhere Washi tape in matching colors in random places. I also added a bit of blue for contrast and the card was complete.


I had a hard time photographing this card due to the bright colors but I am planning on sending it to my brother this week for this birthday. 

There are a lot of stamp sets and dies on sale. Don't forget to use my code to get an extra 15% off your total order.


Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a FABULOUS day!!!






2 comments:

Lagene said...

Awesome smooshed background, love it!

Hannelie said...

Amazing background! Just perfect for the message Nora!