Translate

Monday, November 19, 2018

Christmas Card Production Line!!

Hi there everybody!! I can't believe that there are only just over 5 weeks till Christmas!! I've done no shopping, haven't even have any lists yet, haven't started my Christmas baking and haven't made all my Christmas cards......so to say I'm not prepared is an understatement!

I'm also trying to make lots of cards for a group here in New Zealand that send Christmas cards to rest homes around the country called 'Sending Love NZ', for people who don't have any family. Last year I made 50 cards, this time I'm aiming for 100. I really needed a design that looked good but that I could also turn into a 'production line' and create many in a row, so decided to make that the basis for my post today.

To start with, this is the card design I came up with:


This is a one-layer design with loads of stamping, so thank goodness for my trusty MISTI!! It took a bit of organising with the different snowflakes but once I had it done, it was quite easy!!

 
I started off by using a marker pen to make marks to show how big my card base was on the inside of my MISTI door. I grabbed snowflake stamps and arranged them within that area. I found this handy instead of doing on top of the card base itself. I also did the same on the stamping area paper, so I could put my card in the right place every time. I used snowflake stamps from:

Bring on the Snowflakes 
Dashing 
Joy 
Merry 
Snowy Sayings 
Sugar Plum Fairy 

And since the card is completely covered with images I couldn't hold it in place with the magnet, so I added a little removable tape to the back of each one. 


Now I was ready to start stamping!! I used inks from Waffle Flower and Hero Arts. All I did was press the ink pads on different areas of the stamps and it didn't matter if they overlapped and stamped each card twice to get the best coverage. I did 25 cards in blue.


And 25 cards in pink. I'm so happy with how they turned out, especially the way the colours blended together!!


Now it was time to add a sentiment. I was going to heat emboss one but my card stock isn't very thick and didn't want to warp all my stamping. So I decided to use a large sentiment with the darkest ink I used on the cards:


I'm really happy I stamped the sentiment, it still stands out against the background and the cards are nice and flat. I also decided not to add any sequins to these either as there is already a lot going on with the design. Now all I have to do is write a message in each one, wishing them a wonderful Christmas and happy, healthy New Year. I'll add these to the other 50 cards I've made and put them in the 'Sending Love NZ Drop Box' in town and they will distribute them from December 14th. Hopefully they will make lots of people happy!!






Whew, sorry that was such a long post but wanted you to see how you can create one design and then crank out lots of cards with different colours. I hope its given you a few ideas and if your still needing to buy some Christmas products, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15%!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and we will see you back here tomorrow for a rather fabulous blog post.....you won't want to miss it!!

Take care
Shona


 

No comments: