Translate

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

An Autumn Thank You Shaker and Some Great Deals!


Hello!  Lisa here and today I've got a shaker for you!   Have you checked out the clearance section in the shop lately??  Lots of great stuff at half off and at the end of my post I have a discount code for you!

Here's how I made it:


I started with a white panel of cardstock.  I ink blended some Distress Oxides over the entire panel in Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade.  Then I placed the Starlequin stencil over the top and blended on some Rusty Hinge.  Leaving the stencil in place, I added some clear texture paste through the stencil as well.


While the clear texture paste was wet, I added some Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Glitter from Wow and set it with my heat gun.  It takes a little longer to heat up the embossing powder when applying it with the texture paste, but so fun to watch it change.  This one has both an opaque gold and glitter in it.  I prefer sometimes to not entirely cover the surface so you can see some areas are not as solid as others leaving a more "distressed" look.


I used the Bubble Box die to cut a frame for my shaker.  I just nest one size inside the other and tape them in place and run them through my Die Cutting Machine.  This die set is perfect for creating shakers with a nice big window or use the smaller size if you just want a little window!  This one is half off in the clearance section but stock is low so grab it while you can!


I measured my window and cut a piece of clear acetate just a bit larger than the window and adhered it to the back of the frame.


I added foam thick foam tape to the back of the frame, scattered sequins onto my base where I knew the window would be positioned and then popped the window over the top of it... careful to not let any sequins get stuck under the foam.


I cut out the leaves and acorn using the Acorn Dies (also half off in the clearance section!).  I cut the leaves from some previously colored cardstock where I used a shaving cream technique.  The tone wasn't quite right so I blended some more of the Fossilized Amber ink over the top and it was perfect!  I added them over the top of the shaker element using some thin foam tape.


Finally I added the sentiment from the Everyday Dragonflies Stamp Set and a few of the same sequins from the inside of the shaker!


Easy peasy!  Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you enjoyed your visit!

Now, I highly recommend you head on over to the Clearance section on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps shop website and check it out!  Should you decide there is something there you just must have, you can also use the discount code LISASENTME to get an extra 15% off!



Have fun shopping!  Come again soon for more CAS-ual Fridays inspiration!



2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the acorn and the colors!

Lagene said...

I love your GORGEOUS shaker card, thanks for sharing the "How To".