Translate

Friday, March 15, 2019

I'm still younger than you!!!!!

Hi everyone and I bet your ready for the weekend as much as I am!! I'm back today with my second 'Girl Friday' post for March and this one is a doozy, so grab a BIG cup of coffee, an EVEN BIGGER packet of chocolate biscuits and settle in for possibly something new......

I love die-cutting!! Stamps are fantastic but I love die-cutting so much and any way I can find to get the shapes and designs I want with my dies on a card, makes me very happy indeed. And I found one! Well, for me anyway....someone else has probably already come up with this and I'm usually a bit behind with my techniques so I'm sorry if you've seen this before....

 
I've always wanted to create a circle or pattern with my dies where the die-cuts are of an equal distance. My eye-sight is terrible so I could never eye-ball it and it frustrated me so much....until......I realised I could do this by using my Gina K. Design Wreath Builder Template and any stamp set with matching dies! This is what I did:


Using the 4x4 inch template, I cut a piece of white cardstock the same size as the whole template. I used temporary tape to adhere the template on top of cardstock and put in my MISTI. Using a flower from the Mon-Ami stamp set
I set it up to stamp in all four corners. I then used it again to stamp in the other four corners.


This is what you end up with. You could use whatever colour or type of ink you liked as it depends on whether you want to use the die-cut flowers again or not. I removed the template and grabbed the matching Mon-Ami Fleur Fri-die and die-cut every flower.


I now have a PERFECT circle/wreath of die-cut flowers!! Now you could simply colour the flowers you just die-cut and in-lay them back in but I went a bit further.....


I trimmed the panel down so that it would sit on a 4.5x4.5 inch card base with room around it. I held it in place with some washi tape and stamped the flower in each die-cut hole.


I was then able to add foam tape to the back of the die-cut panel and pop it up PERFECTLY over the stamped flowers. You won't believe how excited I was that this worked and I have MILLIONS of ideas of different cards to make with this technique.


All I had to do then was die-cut a circle of white cardstock with one of the Ornament Tag Fri-dies (which turned out to fit perfectly in the middle of my wreath), stamp a sentiment from Frankly'isms and pop it up on foam tape. I glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled and a clear jewel on each flower from Studio Katia. Ta-Da!!  What do you think??



 I really hope this has given you a different way to look at your stamp sets with matching dies. And if your thinking of purchasing any of the products I used today or any others from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps don't forget to use my special code to save yourself some money!!


Whew, that was one long blog post and I hope your still hanging in there with me. Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here again soon with some new card ideas.

Take care
Shona


 

3 comments:

Lynne said...

That is just so cool!

Michele said...

great card and love the color choices!

JoD said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing.