Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2019

A Birthday card for my Son

Hi all - its Vicki here today with a card I made for my son, along with a small tutorial.

Here is the finished card:

I had my gelli plate sitting on my desk, and I also needed a birthday card for my son.  That said, I felt an art journaling background would be perfect for him.

I used the following products from CAS-ual Fridays:



Here is a tiny tutorial on how I created the background:

Step 1
Cardstock, brayer, gelli pad, paint
Using the brayer, spread gelli pad with the paint.  [Use very little], and start with the lightest color first.  Swipe the brayer onto your card panel.

Step 2
Lay the stencil [Starlequin] over the top of the card panel, and sponge on a different, darker color of paint.

Step 3
I took a 2nd stencil [Bold Trellis], and sprayed on some spray ink.

Once this all dried, I cut a 3.75 x 5 panel out of the part I liked best, and finished off my card by stamping the HB [Shenanigans] and adding a layered 25 from the Flower Case Alphabet stamp set.


I'm thinking he will like this card.  I know I do.
 
See you next time~
 
Don't forget, if you use my code, you can save 15% off your CFS purchase.







 


No comments: