Translate

Sunday, October 9, 2016

October 9

Happy Sunday!

Girl Friday Kelly
has a project for you today that will have you squealing
Oh, what fun!


This card features the marquee "BELIEVE" sentiment from Christmas Sparkle in different colors (including pink for our turn-the-blog-pink month!) as the background of the card. I actually created this background first, and wasn't really sure what to do with the rest of the card so it sat on my desk for a few months. Then it hit me to use a portion of the sleigh from Sleighride & Sleigh Fri-Dies. Of course! We need to "believe" that Santa was here, and all we see is the back of his sleigh as it zips past us at lightning speed!

The sentiment on the sleigh is from Sleigh Bells, and was curved to fit the seat of the sleigh. I colored over it, and the additional scrap of pink paper I cut for the sleigh seat, with a copic marker so it ends up with a slightly blurry feel. Again, like it's zipping past. After all the time this card has sat on my desk with just the "believe" message going across, I'm satisfied that it finally makes sense and tells a story with the empty sleigh on top. It's good to finish this one up!

I love what Kelly did and it was fun to hear how this card came to be!
All the yummy stamps and dies she used in this project
can be yours at a special savings during our birthday month
(or while supplies last!)
There are lots of fabulous things in our SALE section
and you won't want to miss out on these savings :)


No comments: