Translate

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Alcohol Ink and Holographic Snowflake Die Cuts


Welcome back!  Today I'm playing with some new papers and alcohol inks!


I started by cutting some EVO Synthetic Paper using the Pinked Slimline Dies (they're on sale now!)  I picked out some of my favorite blue alcohol inks and some Snow Cap mixative.


I generously scattered drops of all colors onto the paper along with some blending solution and used the Ranger Air Blower to move them around.  If they stopped moving but still needed to cover an area, I would drop a little more blending solution and/or more ink until the panel was covered.


I let the panel dry until some of the thicker areas of alcohol ink were sticky.  I grabbed some scrap Deco Foil Silver Sequins paper and pressed it firmly onto the panel, unshiny side down and rubbed around and then when you pull it up....


Voila!  The silver sticks to the ink that is still tacky!  It's such a cool look!  And it was the perfect touch to tie into those pretty snowflakes from the Funky Flakes Dies!  I cut a bunch from Holographic Film paper.


I made this pic darker so you could see how these snowflakes sparkle!


I cut additional snowflakes from white cardstock and stacked them under the silver for a little bit of dimension.  Then I placed them randomly onto the inked panel and they were perfect.  I love to use the dots that are cut because of the ringlet snowflakes and they make great additional drops.  They go perfectly with the silver foil on the panel, don't they?


I cut the Big Hope word die from white cardstock three times and stacked them too and then popped it up onto the inked panel.  Finally I stamped a sentiment from Everyday Dragonflies, cut it and added it.


I just love that pinked panel from the Pinked Slimline die set!

So that's me for today!  I hope you enjoyed your visit and you'll come again soon!  And should you see something you need, I have this for you:


Thanks so much for stopping!







No comments: