Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Thanks so much!!

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by. I'm been flat out the past few weeks making loads of cards for upcoming New Releases, so it was nice to create a card to share with you today that could be whatever I liked!!

I wasn't able to participate in the last stencil release as my parcel hadn't arrived, so I'm slowly been going through them and trying out different ideas. I love how this card turned out but boy oh boy did I make a mess:

 
I keep forgetting that Distress Oxide inks take a bit longer than normal Distress Ink to dry, so got ink in places I didn't want it but it all worked out in the end.


I started off by gathering all my blue Distress Oxide inks (including the new 'Speckled Egg'). I wanted to create a frame with just the flowers from the Blossom Bubble Stencil, so using a piece of scrap paper, I covered up any stencil openings that were close by and blended around the outside of a white cardstock panel, alternating colours and flower sizes as I went. And of course I got it in the wrong place as you can see by the top of this panel.....


It wasn't bright enough so I found a way to fix that AND cover some of the ink splotches. I blended 'Mowed Lawn' over just the leaves, adding them here and there, making it up as I went along. Unfortunately as I moved my stencil around I put it on top of wet green ink and smudged it EVERYWHERE....


I had intended to make this a one-layer card but with so many smudges I decided to die-cut a window with one of the Bubble Box Fri-Dies.


I found a sentiment that fitted with the size of the window and my theme for the card. I also found a green CS that was similar to the ink I used, so die-cut a smaller Bubble Box piece and white heat embossed the sentiment from the Hearty Horse set.


All I had to do then was glue the panel to the card front with Gina K Connect glue and pop the sentiment on some foam tape. I then finished off with some co-ordinating Neat and Tangled sequins.

I hope this has given you some new ideas for your stencils. If you find you just have to have some of the products I used today you can use my special code on the website and save yourself 15%, even on top of marked down prices!!

Enjoy the rest of the your weekend,  hope you fit in some sort of crafting and I'll see you back here again soon with some more card ideas.

Take care
Shona

 

1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

Can I say how much I ADORE this card? GENIUS use of the stencil!!!