Translate

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Quick and easy Christmas Cards

Hi everybody!! Christmas is coming closer and closer and I'm very behind with my Christmas card making. I also need to create at least 50 cards for local retirement home residents that not only look good but are easy to create on mass. This is what I came up with:


I thought what better way to create a 'mass produced' card than to use a background die with lots of detail and put it over an alcohol ink background. I even made another colour:

 
I made these cards at the same time and if I get all my alcohol inks organised with the Yupo paper, I can crank out quite a few!!


Using A5 pieces of Tim Holtz Yupo paper, I added 'Flamingo', 'Salmon' and 'Intrigue' (which is a Pearl ink) to the paper and blew around with a straw, adding blending solution until I was happy with the pattern.


I did the same with 'Patina', 'Pistachio' and 'Tranquil' (which is also a Pearl).


I die-cut the Flakey A2 Panel Die twice from plain white cardstock and used Gina K Connect Glue to glue them over the coloured panels. I could then cut off any excess with scissors. I then used glue tape to adhere them to card fronts.


I decided to co-ordinate the sentiment colours with the backgrounds, so used Catherine Pooler Inks 'Rockin' Red' and 'Aquatini' to stamp the sentiment from Snowy Sayings on strips of white CS.


They were then popped up on foam tape and I decided with so much detail going on, that adding any embellishments was unnecessary.



I figure I can die-cut a big pile of background dies and create a stack of alcohol ink panels all at once and then sit and stick them all together. The same with the sentiments. All I have to do then is change up the colours!!

I hope this has given you some ideas for your Christmas cards and if you decide you need to get your hands on the products I used today, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15%!! And both the die and stamp set are on sale at the moment, so that's even more of a saving!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here again soon with some more card ideas.

Take care
Shona


No comments: