Translate

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Be Our Guest! Meet Amy Bethke

Happy Sunday!

Today we've got a special guest designer joining us.
She posted something on Instagram that showed up in my feed and I said "ooooh!"
It was so awesome that I took the time to click her blog link in her profile, and I'm so glad I did!
Her blog was filled with even MORE awesomeness!
She has a wonderful command of color and her style is so warm and welcoming.
I took a chance and invited her to come play with our stamps and she said YES!
YAY!

Please welcome 


Hi everyone!  I’m thrilled to be a guest designer today for CAS-ual Fridays.  I’ve got several cards to share today featuring two fantastic stamp sets:  Christmas Sparkle and Bold Wishes.  No, it’s not Christmas in July.  But, if you are anything like me, you have a bin (or two or three) full of holiday stamps that only get used once a year.  I like to revisit these stamps occasionally and see if there are elements in the sets that I can make “all purpose”.  In this case, the circle designs in the Christmas Sparkle set were just the ticket!

The first card I made was the “Happy B-Day” card, so let’s start there. 

I stamped the larger of the two circle images in Versamark Ink on Bristol Smooth paper, then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I stamped and embossed 4 images first, followed by 4 more for symmetry.  I used the coordinating large circle die in the Christmas Sparkle fri-dies set to cut a coloring template out of heavyweight scrap paper.  Then, I got inky with the following Distress Inks and a blending tool:  Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet.  Okay, I know a rainbow only has 7 colors…..but I had 8 circles…..and I do love pink!  
I heat embossed the Happy B-Day sentiment from the Bold Wishes set in white on black cardstock. I love all the great sentiments in this set – they work beautifully on graphic cards like these.   The smaller circle die from the Christmas Sparkle set was a perfect size to cut out the sentiment (yay)!   I also used a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die to cut out the background panel, then used foam tape to pop-up the sentiment circle on top.  I used a black cardstock mat behind the panel and attached to a Neenah Solar White A2 card base.

The “Thank U” card made use of the smaller circle image from the Christmas Sparkle set. 

I stamped the image 8 times on Bristol Smooth with Versamark ink, then heat embossed the images with clear powder.  I used the same Distress colors as the previous card.  This time, I used the smaller circle fri-die to cut each of the colored images out.  Then, I arranged them in a flower-like pattern and attached them to a white panel (cut with a SSS stitched rectangle die).  I heat embossed the Thank U sentiment (from the Bold Wishes set) in white on black cardstock, cut it out with the smaller circle fri-die, and popped it up with foam tape.  This card got a black mat, too, before being attached to the A2 base.


The ”Wish Big” card made use of the great graphic images in the Bold Wishes stamp set. 

I stamped the border image 7 times with Versamark on Bristol and heat embossed them.  I didn’t sweat alignment too much, but I did stamp the “cross” images first and then the 4 other images.  I used post-it tape to mask off sections of the card, then used the same Distress Inks as in the previous card – except for Candied Apple (sorry, Candied Apple, but I only needed 7 for this card).  You’ll notice you can see the delineation of color here more than a smooth blend.  I was actually going for this look  - I heat set each color before proceeding to the next slice.  You’ll notice this looks different than the blend of wet ink on the “Happy B-day” card.
Like the other two cards, I used the SSS stitched rectangle die to cut out the panel, then added a black mat.  The sentiment was stamped on black card stock and heat embossed in white.  I used the larger circle die from the Christmas Sparkle set to cut it out, then attached it to matted panel directly (no foam tape).  I trimmed the overhanging part of the sentiment circle with my scissors.  Last step was to add some foam tape to the entire panel to attach it to the white A2 card base.

I hope this gives you some motivation to look at your stamp sets in a new way!  Have a great summer everyone!
Supplies


·       Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle dies
·       Cardstock: Neenah Solar White (card bases), Strathmore Bristol Smooth (card fronts); black cardstock (sentiments and mats)
·       Distress Inks: Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet
·       Other: Versamark ink, clear and white embossing powders, foam tape, heat gun, Ranger Ink blending tool
See what I mean?!  She's awesome!  
Ok, after you finish wiping the drool off your keyboard, and you've checked out our product links in the supplies list, head over to Amy's blog and follow it! You'll be so glad you did :)

I hope you find some time to get your ink on today :)



5 comments:

  1. These are fabulous cards! So bright and bold! I love them. Thank you for sharing. I plan to try these cards soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards.
    Love the inking.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy Betheke is such an amazing designer . I really admire her work and her command over the colours. All her cards are so beautiful and creative.She is definitely a legend in making.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!