Translate

Monday, June 21, 2021

A Rainbow of Flowers

Hello everyone!! 

Nora here today from A Creative Touch with a fun card I created with the Flowerburst Stencil and a sentiment from Terrific Flowers. I had the idea for this card in the middle of the night. Does that ever happen to you???


I began this card by using the Flowerburst Stencil with red Distress Ink and stenciling the tiny flowers onto a piece of white cardstock measuring 4" by 5 1/4."


I moved the stencil to the left and then used orange Distress Ink over the top of the white panel.


Here is a photo of what the card base looked like with the red and orange flowers.


I proceeded to move my stencil around the card panel and stenciled the rest of the flowers in a rainbow of color. When I was finished, I used a white gel pen to draw flower centers in all my flowers. I will admit, this sounds like a lot of work but it really wasn't. 


I adhered a strip of blue cardstock across the front of the panel and then adhered the base to an A2 sized card base.


I used the Terrific Flowers stamp set to stamp the sentiment and used the large, stitched circle from the Pinked Slimline Dies to cut it out. I used foam adhesive to adhere it over the 
blue strip and my card was done.


This background was so fun to make that I will be doing it again sometime soon. I think I want to try it in a mono-chromatic color scheme next!!!

If this inspires you to go shopping at the CAS-Fridays Store, use my code NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your total order. 


I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by today. Be sure to check back in this week with some more FABULOUS creations by the other Design Team members!!!




CAS-ual Fridays Supplies Used on my Card:









1 comment:

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow Nora, this is just gorgeous! I love the colourful flowers and it's amazing that you made this pattern with just inks and a stencil! Vicky x