Translate

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Better Latte than never!

Hello there!! Hope your all having a fantastic week and still celebrating after the amazing election results. I'm so excited for America and can't wait for Joe and Kamala to get in the White House!!
 

The 2020 Coffee Lovers Fall/Winter Blog Hop is happening right now and CAS-ual Fridays Stamps is one of the 'Super Sponsors'. So this week we have all 'coffee-themed' cards for the blog. For my card I wanted to use some Autumn colours:
 

I use pastel colours ALOT on my cards so it was really nice to use warmer, earthier tones for a change. And I even have a tutorial for you!!
 

I started off by blending Distress Ink over some white cardstock die-cut with the stitched edge die from the Pinked Slimline Dies, using the By the Beans Stencil.
 


I die-cut the cup from the To Go Cup Dies from Strathmore Watercolour CS and heat embossed the Full On Floral stamp over top with the WOW Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Glitter
 

I was then able to spend some time water colouring using Distress Inks, drying in-between layers to create more detail and darker colours.
 

Once the painting was dry I popped it up on a piece of black CS with some foam tape. I also heat embossed the sentiment from the Hot Coffee stamp set with the same embossing powder and put it on foam tape as well.
 

To finish off I adhered the stenciled panel to a white card base and put the black panel on some black foam. I also glued on some gold and Autumn colour sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and have a chance yourself to make a few cards for the blog hop. All of the 'coffee-themed' products in the store are on sale, no code needed. And if you use my special code you can save yourself another 15%!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll be back here very soon with some more card ideas.

Take care
Shona