Translate

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Rectangle Card in a Box.


Hello, its's Michelle from Seashell Creations here today with a fun box card filled with Pretty Posies flowers.
I have made the square box cards before but this is the first rectangle one I have made.  It just gives you that little bit more room to play with.  They are pretty quick and easy to make and there are plenty of tutorials on you tube on how to make the box.  This one was made from one piece of 8 1/2" x 11" card stock.  I added some patterned paper that I have been hoarding and matched the colors with Catherine Pooler inks for the flowers and leaves. 




 I started by stamping a heap of flowers from the Pretty Posies stamp set with versamark ink and heat embossing with WOW white embossing powder.  Then I grabbed some Catherine Pooler inks that I thought were a good match with the patterned paper.  I ink blended all the images and die cut them using the matching Posies dies.  After ink blending I went over the images with a paper towel to remove any ink on top of the heat embossing. You could also add some shading with colored pencils but I didn't think they needed it and I wanted to keep it quick and simple.









I hope you like my box of flowers and I have inspired you to make one.  Make sure you tag us on Instagram if you do so we can admire it!
Also don't forget you can use my special discount code below.










1 comment:

Melanie R said...

This is spectacular! I love the bright colors.