Translate

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Playing With Pattern


Hello everyone!! 
Nora here from A Creative Touch with a fun hello card inspired by a print I saw on Pinterest. 



I don't know about you but I am OBSESSED with patterns. I have a great Pattern Board on Pinterest and I constantly pin ideas that I think I can use to create a card. The print that inspired this card is one that can be found here.

I began this card by using scrap paper and stamping the solid flower stamp from Peaceful Garden using the three colors I thought I might use. 


When I got the design down how I wanted it, I started on my final version of the card.  Again, I used the solid colored flower from Peaceful Garden and stamped twelve solid images-four in yellow, four in green and four in gray-on a white piece of cardstock.


When that was complete, I then stamped the rose image from the same stamp set over the top of the gray using black dye ink. I thought the stamp was perfect for what I had planned.


To decorate the green and yellow solid circles I used stencils. 
I die cut a mask out of a post it using the Garden Fri-dies and used the Bold Flower Stencil with yellow ink to stencil over the solid yellow image.


I then used the Tin Roof Stencil with green dye ink to decorate the solid 
green stamped images.


I die cut my finished panel with a rectangle die and used gel pens in white and green to give the stenciled images a little bit more emphasis.


I added the panel to an A2 sized, top folding card front and framed it with a yellow 
cardstock frame.

 
I added a hello sentiment using the Sweet Friend Fri-dies that I had die cut four times out of white cardstock and adhered together. Adhering die cuts together makes the sentiment sturdier. My last step was to cover the sentiment with clear sparkle pen.

This card was so fun to create and I love that I used a TON of products. I don't know about you, but I tend to buy more than I use so when I can combine my love of stamping, stenciling and die cutting on one card, I always have a fun time. 

Speaking of shopping, use my code NORASENTME to get 15% off your TOTAL ORDER. 



There are some fun, new products that CAS-ual Fridays is stocking so be sure to take a look.

I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!




CAS-ual Fridays Products Used:








1 comment:

Greta said...

I love the inspiration & your creative card is just fabulous!