Translate

Monday, July 27, 2020

A Background With A Bang!


Hi all!  Lisa here and today I'm sharing a project with some of my very favorite things!

I started with my favorite stencil... the Starlequin Stencil!  I am not sure what it is about this stencil but it's my go to... if I had it in the picture you'd be able to tell it's my most used...lol!  (Which is why it's not in the picture...lol!)  I applied some gold texture paste through the stencil and while it was wet, I sprinkled on some of my favorite Wow Embossing Powder, Bang Colour Blend.  I didn't cover the entire texture paste area but instead randomly sprinkled it on.  I heated it up... when you use texture paste to emboss you are looking for the "bubble"... it is so cool and fun to watch the powders transform!


I set that aside to be sure the texture paste that was exposed was completely dry and worked on the unicorn from the Be A Unicorn stamp set.  I stamped it using the Wow Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad and then heat embossed it using another favorite, Metallic Gold Rich Pale.  I die cut it with the coordinating die and then I mixed up some white glitter and Glossy Accents and painted the unicorn inside the lines with the glitter mixture.  I darkened his eye using a black alcohol marker and colored in his hooves with a gold gel pen.  I die cut another unicorn in gold and popped up my glittery embossed unicorn onto the solid gold die cut piece, but offset it for a shadow effect.


Finally I stamped one of the sentiments from the Be A Unicorn set in a coordinating color and trimmed it down and popped it up and then scattered a few sequins around.

Should you see something that you need to purchase, I have this for you:


That's me for today!   Thanks so much for stopping and I hope you enjoyed it!  Come again soon for more CAS-ual Fridays inspiration!




1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the unicorn and the colors!