Translate

Sunday, May 3, 2020

You're Pretty Terrific

Hi there everyone and thanks so much for stopping by. I hope that your 'lockdown' is treating you well and you've had plenty of time to try all those things you've wanted too but never had the time....

I've got a card to share with you today that uses a stencil in a new way (to me). You know me, I'm usually a bit 'behind the times' when it comes to techniques. This one came to me while I was watercolouring and I unfortunately flicked paint on a spare card base. It looked so pretty I wondered if it would work with a stencil. Here's what happened....:


Kind of reminds me of the speckled chocolate eggs we get here in New Zealand sometimes for Easter. It was so much fun to create!!

I used the Modern Petals Stencil along with lots of flicks of watercolour. I also used the Ornament Tag Fri-Dies for the window and the new Terrific Flowers stamp set for the sentiment. To find out exactly how I put this together pop over to my blog HERE.

Maybe your like me and haven't tried this with a stencil yet or maybe you have done this but not for a while?? Hopefully this card will inspire you to get out your paint and brushes and make a mess with your stencils!!

I'll see you back here later in the month with some more card ideas. Fingers crossed my parcel of New Release goodies will have arrived by then so I can create some cards for you with those. Might have to cross my toes too....

Take care and stay safe
Shona

 

No comments: